Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for Ohio.
Akron | Cincinnati | Cleveland | Columbus | Dayton
How to get Started:
Contact us to speak with a New Account Information Representative. We will discuss your overdue accounts in detail. After thorough debtor investigation, we will tell you which accounts show promise of collecting (there may be conditions, such as bankruptcy, which have voided the debt). We will also suggest which accounts may be better handled in house.
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
With the improving economy, Burt and Associates may be able to help collect debts which were previously uncollectable. Some debtors are in a better financial position than they have been in years – all the more reason for you to collect the money owed to you.
Cleveland Collection Laws
We hope that this information on Cleveland Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the Ohio Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- Cleveland Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 10%Judgment: 10%
- Cleveland Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: 4Sales Contract (UCC2-725)Written Contract: 15Domestic Judgment: 21 renew every 5
- Foreign Judgment: 21 renew every 5
- Cleveland Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)The greater of $200 or three times the amount of check and attorney fees (no maximum)
- Cleveland Collection Laws General Garnishment ExemptionsSee federal law – garnishment limited to once a month per employee
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- April 25, 2017
Arkansas Business OnlineStartup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization ...
Arkansas Business Online
Glo Airlines, a New Orleans startup public charter operator that offers flights at the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport, has filed for bankruptcy reorganization ...
GLO Airlines can continue flights after Chapter 11 filing, court rules
- April 25, 2017UCHealth partner files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
Colorado Springs Gazette
Adeptus Health Inc. and its subsidiaries filed under Chapter 11 of the federal bankruptcy code in Dallas to "significantly reduce" its debt under a financial restructuring plan developed with New York-based hedge fund Deerfield Management Co. and other ...
Atlanta solar maker Suniva files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy - Atlanta ... - Atlanta Business ChronicleApril 20, 2017
Atlanta Business ChronicleAtlanta solar maker Suniva files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy - Atlanta ...
Atlanta Business Chronicle
The once high-flying Georgia Tech spinoff had raised more than $130 million in venture capital and scored millions of dollars in state and federal incentives as it ...
US solar manufacturer Suniva files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- April 4, 2017
CNBCPayless ShoeSource files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Payless ShoeSource is the latest retailer to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, adding its name to a growing list of chains that have struggled to compete against online and off-price retailers. As part of the filing, Payless will close nearly ...
Payless files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Payless ShoeSource Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Will Close Nearly 400 Stores
Payless files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, plans to close nearly 400 stores
- April 14, 2017Auto parts maker Transtar emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy ...
Crain's Cleveland Business
Auto parts maker and distributor Transtar Holding Co. of Walton Hills made quick work of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization. The company late ...