Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for California.
Los Angeles | San Diego | San Jose | San Fransisco
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
With the improving economy, Burt and Associates may be able to help collect debts which were previously uncollectable. Some debtors are in a better financial position than they have been in years – all the more reason for you to collect the money owed you.
Los Angeles Collection Laws
We hope that this information on Los Angeles Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the California Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 10%Judgment: 10% (Unless otherwise contracted)
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: Reduced to writing-4Open account: No writing-2Written Contract: 4Domestic Judgment: 10 (renewable at 10)Foreign Judgment: 10 (commencing with judgment debtor’s commencement of CA. residence.)
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)Amount due, treble damages – minimum $100 maximum $1500 per check.
- Los Angeles Collection Laws General Garnishment ExemptionsSee federal law. Exemptions for necessities of life.
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- April 14, 2017
Forbes5 Risks Of Using A Small Business Credit Card
That is an excellent benefit: you do not want business expenses impacting your personal debt burden calculation when you apply for a mortgage. However, once you default on a small business credit card, most credit card issuers will report the balance ...
- April 27, 2017
Madison.comHow Many Credit Cards Should You Have?
Each new credit card adds new available credit, so as long as your spending stays the same, your credit utilization rate should go down. Credit utilization is the amount of debt you carry divided by your available credit limit. It's a major factor in ...
How to Get an Excellent Credit Score -- and Why You Definitely Want One
- April 27, 2017
Business Insider10 things you can learn about money in 10 minutes that will change your life
Below, Business Insider has rounded up 10 quick money lessons that will teach you how to master your money — from how to automate your savings to investing in the stock market when you're not an "investor." Of course, this isn't all there is to know ...
- April 25, 2017
New York TimesDebt Crisis Shakes Chinese Town, Pointing to Wider Problems - The ...
New York Times
A factory in Zouping, China, that makes aluminum wheel hubs. Local companies have agreements to guarantee hundreds of millions of dollars of one another's ...
- April 23, 2017
Madison.comThe Best Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt | Business Markets and ...
If you're paying high interest rates, it can be tough to pay off credit card debt. Fortunately, there are an abundance of 0% APR balance-transfer offers on the ...