Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for California.
Los Angeles | San Diego | San Jose | San Fransisco
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
With the improving economy, Burt and Associates may be able to help collect debts which were previously uncollectable. Some debtors are in a better financial position than they have been in years – all the more reason for you to collect the money owed you.
Los Angeles Collection Laws
We hope that this information on Los Angeles Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the California Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 10%Judgment: 10% (Unless otherwise contracted)
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: Reduced to writing-4Open account: No writing-2Written Contract: 4Domestic Judgment: 10 (renewable at 10)Foreign Judgment: 10 (commencing with judgment debtor’s commencement of CA. residence.)
- Los Angeles Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)Amount due, treble damages – minimum $100 maximum $1500 per check.
- Los Angeles Collection Laws General Garnishment ExemptionsSee federal law. Exemptions for necessities of life.
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- January 19, 2017
Business Insider25 of the worst US cities for credit card debt
Using WalletHub's data for the 25 worst cities, we determined the debt-to-income ratio for each city and ranked them based on this metric. That is, we ranked them based on the average resident's credit card debt represented as a percentage of the ...
- January 31, 2017
Madison.comResearch Says You Should Pay Off Debt Like This
... Ramsey's method. The lead researcher, Remi Trudel, wrote in a recent Harvard Business Review article that focusing on just one account at a time -- and starting with the smallest debt -- are the keys to staying motivated while paying off credit ...
- January 28, 2017
Fox Business4 Smart Ways to Boost Your Credit Score In 2017
In addition to the actual dollar amounts of your debt, this focuses on your outstanding debt relative to your credit limits or original loan balances. 15% comes from the length of your credit history and includes things such as the age of your credit ...
- January 20, 2017
Business InsiderThe most effective way to pay off debt, according to Harvard ...
It's time to start paying that off. Strictly looking at the numbers, it's smartest to pay down the accounts that carry the highest interest rates first. That way, you're ...
- January 11, 2017
New York TimesFor Young Entrepreneurs, College Debts Can Snuff Out Start-Up Hopes
New York Times
Catherine Berendsohn in her parents' home in Miami last month. Her student debt prevented her from getting the money she needed to grow her own business. Credit Scott McIntyre for The New York Times. Saddled with $40,000 in college loans, Catherine ...