Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for Florida.
Miami | Jacksonville | Orlando | Tampa
How to get Started:
Contact us to speak with a New Account Information Representative. We will discuss your overdue accounts in detail. After thorough debtor investigation, we will tell you which accounts show promise of collecting (there may be conditions, such as bankruptcy, which have voided the debt). We will also suggest which accounts may be better handled in house.
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
Miami FL Collection Laws
We hope that this information on Miami Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the Florida Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- Miami Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 10%Judgment: 10% or up to 18% if contractual
- Miami Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: 4Written Contract: 5Domestic Judgment: 7 RenewableForeign Judgment: 5 if not recorded instate
- Miami Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)After 30 day demand-treble amount in addition to amount owed, bank & court costs & reasonable attorney fees
- Miami Collection Laws General Garnishment ExemptionsSee federal law except: 100% head of household.Liberal Homestead Exemption – 1st $1,000 of automobile
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- April 14, 2017
Arizona Daily StarUnwelcome house calls: Arizonans complain about medical debt collectors
Arizona Daily Star
If the health care providers cannot collect the debt, they may hire a collection agency to do so. If that agency is unsuccessful, the provider can then sell the debt to a third party for “pennies on the dollar,” said April Kuehnhoff, a staff attorney ...
10 things to know about healthcare collections and patient financial responsibility | 2017 - Becker's Hospital ReviewApril 27, 201710 things to know about healthcare collections and patient financial responsibility | 2017
Becker's Hospital Review
A study of complaints filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found 63 percent of consumer complaints about medical debt collection claim the debt was never owed, was not verified debt or was previously paid or discharged through bankruptcy.
- April 19, 2017Report: Medical debt collections draw scrutiny
Routine medical bills can take months to sort out — particularly if a doctor, hospital or other medical service was not part of a consumer's health insurance network. It's even more challenging for consumers when bills are sent to medical-debt ...
- April 12, 2017
State PIRGsMedical Debt: You May Not Owe It
New York Times
The report, by the advocacy group United States Public Interest Research Group — better known as U.S. PIRG — and the Frontier Group, a left-leaning think tank, examined more than 17,000 publicly available complaints about medical debt collection ...
Medical Debt Malpractice
OSPIRG: Many victims of aggressive medical bill collectors
- April 18, 2017
AZCentral.comReport: Complaints mount against medical-debt collectors
The federal government began tracking complaints in the wake of the national financial crisis in 2008. Arizona stands among the top third of states in the number ...
Report: Harassment, wrong idenity top medical debt collector ...