Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for Tennessee.
Nashville | Chattanooga | McMinnville | Memphis | Knoxville
How to get Started:
Contact us to speak with a New Account Information Representative. We will discuss your overdue accounts in detail. After thorough debtor investigation, we will tell you which accounts show promise of collecting (there may be conditions, such as bankruptcy, which have voided the debt). We will also suggest which accounts may be better handled in house.
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
With the improving economy, Burt and Associates may be able to help collect debts which were previously uncollectable. Some debtors are in a better financial position than they have been in years – all the more reason for you to collect the money owed you.
Nashville TN Collection Laws
We hope that this information on Nashville Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the Tennessee Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- Nashville Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 10%Judgment: 10% (or contract rate) (varies with type of transaction)
- Nashville Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: 6Written Contract: 6Domestic Judgment: 10Foreign Judgment: 10
- Nashville Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)Treble damages up to $500 + 10% interest & reasonable service charges, atty.’s fees, & court costs
- Nashville Collection Laws General Garnishment ExemptionsSee federal law. Add $2.50 per week for dependent child under 16
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- January 26, 2017
CNNMoneyOverhauling Obamacare could lead to spike in medical debt collections
More people have health insurance than ever before, but many still struggle to pay for care. According to a new report, medical debt is the No. 1 reason consumers reported being contacted by a collection agency. If efforts to overhaul the Affordable ...
- January 24, 2017
NPRMedical Debt Is Top Reason Consumers Hear From Collection Agencies
The study by the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found that 59 percent of people who reported they had been contacted by a debt collector said it was for medical services. Telecommunications bills were the second most common type of ...
- January 29, 2017
San Angelo Standard TimesPeople with medical debt most likely to be dunned by collection ...
San Angelo Standard Times
More people have health insurance than ever before, but many still struggle to pay for care. According to a new report, medical debt is the No. 1 reason ...
- January 24, 2017Medical debt is No.1 reason collection agencies contact consumers
Becker's Hospital Review
Medical debt is the most common type of past-due bill or payment for which consumers are contacted by collection agencies, according to a study by the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. For the study, researchers conducted a survey between ...
- January 25, 2017
LancasterOnlineMedical bills are the most common reason for debt collector calls ...
Medical debt is the most common reason people get calls from debt collectors, according to the first-ever national survey of consumer experiences with debt ...