Burt and Associates is a Collection Agency that specializes in Commercial Collections with coverage for New York.
New York City | Albany | Buffalo
How to get Started:
Contact us to speak with a New Account Information Representative. We will discuss your overdue accounts in detail. After thorough debtor investigation, we will tell you which accounts show promise of collecting (there may be conditions, such as bankruptcy, which have voided the debt). We will also suggest which accounts may be better handled in house.
Contact Burt & Associates
- Toll free: 1-877-740-7839
- (347) 903-5705
- Fill out our Contact Form on line
- For a Free Quote, fill our Get Quote Form on line
With the improving economy, Burt and Associates may be able to help collect debts which were previously uncollectable. Some debtors are in a better financial position than they have been in years – all the more reason for you to collect the money owed you.
New York Collection Laws
We hope that this information on New York Collection Agencies assists you. The following is a summary of the New York Collection Laws. The information here may not be 100% accurate and should not to be construed as legal advise.
- New York Collection Laws Interest RateLegal: 16%Judgment: 9%
- New York Collection Laws Statute Of Limitations(Years)Open account: 6Written Contract: 6Domestic Judgment: 20 (1 0 yr. renewable lien)Foreign Judgment: 20 (1 0 yr. renewable lien)
- New York Collection Laws Bad Check Laws(NSF) (Civil Penalty)Face value of check plus two times check amount up to a maximum of $400 on NSF or $750 on “no account” (demand prescribed by law) GEN.OB.1.1-104
- New York Collection Laws General Garnishment Exemptions90% of earnings, except 1st $127.50 wk. wholly exempt
Debt Collection News
Feed from Google News
- April 26, 2017
KOMO NewsWhat you should know about illegal and fake debt collectors
Consumers across the country are being targeted by debt collection companies that may already have a lot of your personal information. But, that doesn't mean the collectors are following law. In fact, the person contacting you may not even be a ...
- April 23, 2017
Bucyrus Telegraph ForumCity moves toward hiring debt collector
Bucyrus Telegraph Forum
BUCYRUS - Bills to the city of Bucyrus left unpaid could earn residents a call from a debt collector in the coming months. The city's council members were briefed last week by a represented from Capital Recovery Systems, a collection agency in Columbus ...
- April 18, 2017
CNBCHow to get a debt collector off your back
A third of consumers has been contacted by a creditor or debt collector in the past 12 months, according to a report from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Of those consumers who had contact, 27 percent reported feeling threatened by the ...
Feds Sue Debt Collector That Allegedly Misrepresented Attorney Involvement
Debt Collectors Have Selective Hearing – Demand YOU to be All Ears
- April 27, 2017BBB: How to tell if you're Being Scammed from Debt Collectors
MOLINE- The IRS has made a big change to how they go after people owing back taxes. The agency's warned about people imitating IRS employees to steal people's money, but it could now be harder to tell if you're being scammed too. Millions of Americans ...
- April 26, 2017Debt collectors trying to collect on paid accounts
Iosco County News Herald
I called the debt collector back and put her on speaker phone. She again wanted my DOB. I again declined. I also told her I suspected some type of fraud and had a police officer with me. I told her this better not show up on my credit report, told her ...