« Back to Glossary Index
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarycredit (noun)
reliance on the truth or reality of something - gave credit to everything he said
a) the balance in a person's favor in an account
b) an amount or sum placed at a person's disposal by a bank
c) the provision of money, goods, or services with the expectation of future payment - long-term credit , also money, goods, or services so provided - exhausted their credit
d) (1) an entry on the right-hand side of an account constituting an addition to a revenue, net worth, or liability account
(2) a deduction from an expense or asset account
e) any one of or the sum of the items entered on the right-hand side of an account
f) a deduction from an amount otherwise due
a) influence or power derived from enjoying the confidence of another or others
b) good name - esteem , also financial or commercial trustworthiness
archaic - credibility
a source of honor - a credit to the school
a) something that gains or adds to reputation or esteem - honor took no credit for his kindly act
b) - recognition acknowledgment quite willing to accept undeserved credit
recognition by name of a person contributing to a performance (as a film or telecast) - the opening credits
a) recognition by a school or college that a student has fulfilled a requirement leading to a degree
b) - credit hour belief, influence
to trust in the truth of - believe find his story hard to credit
to supply goods on credit to
archaic to bring credit or honor upon
a) to enter upon the credit side of an account
b) to place an amount to the credit of - credit his account with ten dollars
a) to consider usually favorably as the source, agent, or performer of an action or the possessor of a trait - credits him with an excellent sense of humor
b) to attribute to some person - they credit the invention to him ascribe
Debt Collection News
- April 26, 2017In an emailed statement to ACA International, a SNAAC spokesperson said, “The settlement resolves a disagreement between SNAAC and the CFPB ...
- April 26, 2017... a five-member bipartisan commission that would be subject to congressional oversight and appropriations, ACA International previously reported.
- April 26, 2017Repealing the Affordable Care Act may run afoul of international law, according to an official at the United Nations. The U.N. has told the Trump ...
- April 26, 2017Laura Vollmer, the daughter of Karen Vollmer from Sunrise Credit Services, Inc., received a scholarship from the ACA International Education ...