« Back to Glossary Index
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionaryindemnity (noun)
a) security against hurt, loss, or damage
b) exemption from incurred penalties or liabilities
a) - indemnification
b) something that - indemnifies
- fee-for-service usually used attributively an indemnity plan
Debt Collection News
- April 27, 2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal regulators sued four online lenders for collecting consumer debts they weren't legally owed, an area that is a prime ...
- April 27, 2017The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau sued four online tribal lenders on Thursday for allegedly illegally collecting debts in 17 states where ...
- April 27, 2017Oregon Gov. Kate Brown will look to tax debtors, state employees and state properties to help put a lid on the cost of government. At a Thursday press ...
- April 27, 2017Trump's administration is repealing protections and allowing debt collectors to charge borrowers exorbitant fees on top of their loan payments.
- April 27, 2017"They will be calling on behalf of the IRS and will be representing the IRS, however, they still have to follow some of the Fair Debt Collection Act ...
- April 26, 2017This month the IRS has begun using private debt-collection companies. This is a new and significant change in policy and process, but it will also ...