Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarysettlement (noun)
the act or process of - settling
a) an act of bestowing or giving possession under legal sanction
b) the sum, estate, or income secured to one by such a settlement
a) occupation by - settlers
b) a place or region newly - settled
c) a small village
- settlement house
an agreement composing differences
payment or adjustment of an account
« Back to Glossary Index
accord, bargain, compact, contract, convention, covenant, deal, disposition, pact, agreement, understanding
Debt Collection News
- April 27, 2017The failure-to-pay penalty is charged for failing to pay your tax bill by the ... Be assured that the IRS and designated private debt collection agencies ...
- April 27, 2017Hidden in a $305 billion highway bill was a small provision that required the IRS to outsource some of its debt collection. What's wrong with that, after ...
- April 26, 2017My mother recently received a bill from a medical collection agency for lab work performed at a hospital 200 miles from her home that she has never ...
- April 26, 2017Private debt collection – The IRS has enlisted the help of private debt ... letters to taxpayers before the collection agency contacts the individual.
- April 26, 2017This month the IRS has begun using private debt-collection companies. This is a new and significant change in policy and process, but it will also ...